FREE PRODUCE AT CABRILLO FRESH MARKET!
If you are a Cabrillo student, faculty or staff in need of food assistance, keep Cabrillo Fresh Market on your calendar! The Cabrillo Student Services division distributes fresh produce in collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank 1-2 times per month to help anyone in need. Come fill a reusable bag with FRESH PRODUCE FOR FREE! Students may start at 11:00, and staff and faculty may join in at 12:00. Click here for dates and details!
Cabrillo Welcomes New Student Trustee Madison Raasch for the 2019/20 Academic Year!
The Cabrillo College Student Senate held elections in May 2019 and elected Madison Raasch to serve on the Cabrillo College Governing Board as Student Trustee for the 2019/2020 academic year. Madison is an Aptos High graduate, political science major and is Treasurer for the Cabrillo College chapter of Ignite.
Cabrillo College Students of the Month
- Devon Robinson – May 2019 Student of the Month
- Timothy Randazzo – April 2019 Student of the Month
- Miguel Rivera – March 2019 Student of the Month
- Yuko Murakami – February 2019 Student of the Month
- Rosie Navarro – December 2018 Student of the Month
CCLC Affordability, Food & Housing Access Taskforce
Cabrillo College is participating in the Community College League of California's Affordability, Food & Housing Task Force. The task force is studying solutions, analyzing effective practices and considering best policy approaches toward a system-wide set of recommendations to address housing and food insecurities faced daily by our students.
A community college education can change someone’s life.
My experience as a student at Cabrillo College helped shape who I am today. I believe students of all ages, backgrounds and education levels should have access to Cabrillo College’s world-class academic and occupational learning environment. As a Trustee for Cabrillo College I aim to:
- Ensure equal access to an affordable college education
- Help end student food and housing insecurity
- Strengthen and support educational diversity
- Advocate for vital state funding for Cabrillo College
Since graduating Cabrillo College in 2002 I have:
- Worked locally as a nonprofit director
- Served as senior staff in state and county government
- Developed public policy and government financing
- Held positions on City and County Commissions
My public service experiences have given me a deep appreciation for the complexities in addressing community needs. This has placed me at the heart of work being done by educators, government, nonprofits and business leaders to improve our community. As a Trustee for Cabrillo, I want to hear from you! Please message me with any feedback, ideas or if you want to learn more about supporting the college – by clicking here. Thank you for the opportunity to serve!